Saturday, January 31, 2009

Winter/nesting/packing - all in full swing

This is the season of full swing. Here are pics from our trip to California. Now that we are back in NJ, we feel winter in full swing: we bundle up to leave the house. I walked with Micah to the post office and library yesterday and felt so very accomplished after those chores were checked off. My pregnancy is in full swing: I'm absolutely showing, am well into my 2nd trimester, we are preparing for our second little boy. I'm nesting in full swing: we're preparing for a move, probably to California for a few months then off to Josh's professor post. All of these details are working together to create a chaotic household state. My goal in life of late is to downsize because it means living more simply, and transporting less bulk cross-country, and really enjoying what we have. So everyday while Micah naps I scurry to the basement to sort and clean. I'm trying to refocus these efforts on giving to those who need them rather than having the selfish motivation to carry less around.

St. Basil wrote: "The bread you store up belongs to the hungry; the cloak that lies in your chest belongs to the naked; the gold that you have hidden in the ground belongs to the poor. If everyone would take only according to his needs and would leave the surplus to the needy, no one would be rich, no one poor, no one in misery."



1 comment:

Starr said...

Dear Josh and Mandy,

He was very cute in the swimming picture.

Love,
Cami