Thursday, October 30, 2008

Autumn joys


Before we took off for the East Coast, we were told again and again that autumn is the best season. Though Josh argues spring (despite his newfound vicious pollen allergies) is a fierce competitor, I find the fall season breathtaking. The leaves are vibrant and carpet the sidewalks with unbelievable shades of reds and oranges, while the wind is brisk but not too chilly to keep us indoors.

Last week we had the honor of having super friends Maaren and Andy visit us from San Diego. Both of them inspire us with their creativity and love. It was great to have them here.

And did I ever mention potty training? Lofty goal of mine, I know, but I'm ready to be done with diapers and we're making great strides. I figure we'll divide and conquer: we've accomplished potty training at home so he gets to rock his big boy underpants around the house; we're still working on me remembering to take him when we're out of the house; and he still sleeps in diapers. I'm so proud of Micah.

1 comment:

Starr said...

I am in awe! I wish my munchkins were done with diapers before age 3! Good job, Micah (and great job Mandy & Josh).